Friday, June 19, 2009

To Be Square

The plate and the fork.....the cow and the moon...the little dog laughed because he had the spoon. Never ending seems to be the dinner ware decision. I have become as frugal as possible with my purchases for the club. Not my choice but by force. They forgot to budget small wares!! This would be all of the "small" things that make a kitchen operational. Containers, glasses, plates, mops, utensils, pots, pans, and such. What should be a cost of $10,000 or so has been violently beat down to less than half. One might say rob Peter to pay Paul, but I say.....what about Marry? The owner is into all sorts of contemporary design and style which brings the lack of budget to a whole new concept. I find it ironic that with the line of credit, the national accounts, and the wholesale tax exempt status of the company in which I work, a cliche filled retail store has the ability to be square at a much cheaper cost than any distribution company can offer. None the less, the above is one of the plates that I have chosen to be my palate. At six dollars it can be effective for breakage. At six dollars it can be replaced that same day. At six dollars.....who cares what goes on it. I do believe that most of the membership is expecting to eat off of paper and plastic as most new golf clubs do. This, I feel, will bring a new beginning to a new concept of private clubs through efficient production of much more than burgers and dogs. When we receive accolades like "best of" this and "best new" that, those who desire it will follow suit.

Philosophies change minds.......Minds change philosophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment