Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Second Coming

Almost six months later I find myself in the Rocky Mountain range, nestled upon the Jordanelle between the Wasatch and Uintas National Forests telling this tidbit for the second coming. Winter was spent in Florida and one month in several countries in Asia. My new residence has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full size kitchen, washer and dryer, and not to forget a living room that is larger than my entire shoe box of a renovated mud room in which I lived last season. Work began yesterday after three days of unloading the array of tangibles in which I drug over two thousand miles. A long time friend will be sharing the below with me as well as working at Red Ledges for me. The condo is owned by a family from Arizona and they own the unit across the hall also that they keep vacant for their personal use from time to time. Contemporary Asian is the aesthetic throughout. I had the landlord remove the majority of the wall hangings to allow for mine and to break the soft feel. I signed a year lease which means that I will have to learn how to fall down a mountain again once the snow arrives and the golf course closes.

This summer is more than likely going to be a repeat of last with the only exception that the "grand opening" leg work is absent. Hopefully that will enable a day off in a week or two as opposed to a month or two. The core network of management has returned but most of the line level staff will be new. I am looking forward to that reality in some strange way. A few improvements are taking place to our facility which should enable an increase of sales and comfort of the temporary setting. If sales are successful early in the season they will look into building the pool and fitness center along with our first permanent food and beverage amenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment