With June being the wet and cold that it was, the summer was short lived. Much drier than the summers of my past, the high desert mountain life was good. Short lived indeed it was and this first day of October brought in the first day of snow! It began with a previous day of gloomy, casting over clouds and a touch of rain which transformed into a night of snow. I awoke to a truck covered in white and experienced my first real window scraping and door frozen shut. More caught up in the excitement of a mountain range and immediate surrounding covered in white, I somewhat lost sight of the fact that it was 23 degrees.
The job brought me great success in the way of personal endeavours and through the eyes of my superiors. We had over 1000 rounds of golf via the likes of the sales team. Their golf was complimentary however their food and beverage was at a full retail which well surpassed the forcasted revenue budget. A total closing of 31 lots during a three and a half month season put us fifth in the nation for real estate developments. On the contrary we received a good bit of negative feedback stating that the golf course is "too hard" and a little "unfair". As a result we have made some adjustments to a couple of the greens to allow for them to become more "playable". Due to the cold and snow we will address a few others in the spring of next year with the same objectives in mind.
I shall be headed back to Florida for the winter after a little travel abroad the Asian continent with my brother. What the winter holds for me is uncertain, however, I somewhat like it that way. I shall return back to Park City, Utah in mid to late April for a more than likely repeat of this past season. The only exception is that I will have a better understanding of what to expect and will have an opportunity to try different ideas out and already know what is feasable or not due to a little longer season.
No comments:
Post a Comment